Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boy bleeds to death after office chair explosion sends metal shrapnel into rectum

According to a story up on Gizmodo, a 14-year old boy in China is dead following the explosion of a gas cylinder in the base of the office chair that he was sitting in. The cylinder, which is used to adjust the height of the chair, blew up and propelled "chunks of metal into his rectum". The teen subsequently bled to death.

Here's a photo of the culprit chair...

That has to be the most freak accident I've ever heard of involving something as mundane as a chair.

Anyone else thinking of sitting on Kevlar-reinforced seat cushions from now on?

6 comments:

Tony said...

I always knew my job was a pain in the ass, but now it could be literally!

kamen-rider said...

Wow...that's a freaky. And the scary thing is...that chair almost looks like the one I'm sitting in now. lol

-Drew M

Linda Jiang said...

the explosion would require three conditions simultaneously: flammable gasses, oxygen and heat source or spark. however, i would prefer sitting on a wooden chair now...

Anonymous said...

Hay guys really look at the chair. Where is the blood. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true!

Jessica said...

Spacify offer stylish and affordable swivel office chairs for your modern office.

Anonymous said...

There's no blood on the chair because it was sent UP the kid's ass. He was probably blown off the chair and fell onto the ground where he bled to death. His ass didn't explode.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boy bleeds to death after office chair explosion sends metal shrapnel into rectum

According to a story up on Gizmodo, a 14-year old boy in China is dead following the explosion of a gas cylinder in the base of the office chair that he was sitting in. The cylinder, which is used to adjust the height of the chair, blew up and propelled "chunks of metal into his rectum". The teen subsequently bled to death.

Here's a photo of the culprit chair...

That has to be the most freak accident I've ever heard of involving something as mundane as a chair.

Anyone else thinking of sitting on Kevlar-reinforced seat cushions from now on?

6 comments:

Tony said...

I always knew my job was a pain in the ass, but now it could be literally!

kamen-rider said...

Wow...that's a freaky. And the scary thing is...that chair almost looks like the one I'm sitting in now. lol

-Drew M

Linda Jiang said...

the explosion would require three conditions simultaneously: flammable gasses, oxygen and heat source or spark. however, i would prefer sitting on a wooden chair now...

Anonymous said...

Hay guys really look at the chair. Where is the blood. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true!

Jessica said...

Spacify offer stylish and affordable swivel office chairs for your modern office.

Anonymous said...

There's no blood on the chair because it was sent UP the kid's ass. He was probably blown off the chair and fell onto the ground where he bled to death. His ass didn't explode.