A few days ago Mitt Romney, the assumed Republican candidate for President, announced that Paul Ryan would be his running mate in this fall's election.
Paul Ryan is being touted as a "Tea Party conservative".
Okay, well then...
Why should this blogger, or anyone else for that matter, vote for a Romney/Ryan ticket when Ryan:
- voted for the $700 billion Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP)?
- voted for bailouts of $14 billion for General Motors and Chrysler
- voted for bailouts of Bank of America, BB&T, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, and other banks
- voted for bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- voted for the insanely expensive Medicare Part D
The auto industry bailouts alone have honked me off to no end. As they should every citizen of this country.
So I'm sincerely asking supporters of Paul Ryan: how is his voting record indicative of someone who holds to financially conservative and responsible values? More to the point: why should I or anyone else vote for Ryan based on his record?
Don't even bother offering up bullcrap about "You're voting against Obama". I am not now or ever have voted for Obama. I need to know why I should vote for Romney/Ryan.